Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs
by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds
occupied by the needs of others.
Affirmation: I have a giving spirit.
I believe that I have been created to help others by giving my time, thoughts and worldly possessions. I give naturally and without reservations because I know that it is my calling.
I feel a sense of accomplishment when others are grateful for what they receive from me. Even when the blessings of my kindness go unrecognized, I still feel fulfilled because I know that I am doing the work I am meant to do.
The more I give, the more is restored to me. My blessings are insurmountable and always forthcoming. I cannot even count the ways I am blessed, they are too numerous. I know that my giving spirit manifests blessing into my life.
My spirit is uplifted when I am able to help others. Whether they need a kind word, listening ear, or financial assistance, I make myself available to give as I am able.
Today, I reinforce my commitment to giving selflessly.
I receive tremendous joy and rich satisfaction when I am able to share my blessings with others. I know that each instance in which I choose to share kindness results in the world being just a little brighter.
Homework/ Self-Reflective Questions/ Journal Prompts:
1. How do I react when others who are able to give choose to withhold selfishly?
2. Do I show gratitude when I am the recipient of kind thoughts, words, or other blessings?
3. Do I recognize that even the smallest positive gestures are blessings?
Have a totally awesome week!!
If you find this helpful, let me know in the comments. And of course share it.
- 5 Tips for staying motivated
- Musings + Affirmations: I study my behaviors to make myself better 4-28-13
- Musings + Affirmations: I go within to get in touch with my true self
- Musings + Affirmations: I celebrate the positive attributes of others.